Welcome to Bestwine

Malbec

The official French name for this variety is Cot. Malbec, sometimes spelt Malbeck, is an approved synonym. In 1988 there were 5280 ha of Malbec in France, compared with 10 750 ha in 1958. About half is in Gironde, most of the rest in the departements to the east of Bordeaux, and some in the Loire Valley. It does not seem to have spread elsewhere in Europe and there are less than 45 ha in California, but it is one of the most important black varieties in Argentina with 10 000 ha. There are 6000 ha in Chile. There would seem to be more than 300 ha of true Malbec, much of which has been planted since 1970. Malbec is a vigorous variety with a rather spreading habit of growth. It has medium, rough, dark green leaves, usually 3-lobed but sometimes entire or 5-lobed, tending to roll back at the edges, with scattered tufts of hair on the lower surface. The open V of the petiolar sinus is characteristic. The bunches are medium, well filled if set is favourable, with rather small, round berries. The variety has the potential for yielding well and can tolerate rain at harvest but has the defect of setting very poorly in some seasons. Мalbec can be pruned to either canes or spurs and as the berries are not very firmly attached mechanical harvesting should be possible with little damage. With moderate yields in cooler areas Malbec makes a balanced wine of good colour which has a less intense varietal aroma and is softer than Cabernet wines. It combines well with the other Bordeaux varieties to give wines designed for earlier maturity rather than very long holding.

10 Item(s)

Set Descending Direction
per page

Grid  List 

  1. Red Wine Malbec Estate 2015, Dona Paula, Argentina Sale

    Red Wine Malbec Estate 2015, Dona Paula, Argentina

    Region: Finca Alluvia in Gualtallary (Tupungato, Uco Valley)and Finca Los Indios in Altamira (San Carlos, Uco Valley) 90% of these grapes are sourced from our best vineyards in Alluvia, Gualtallary, at 1,350 meters above sea level and 10% from Los Indios, Altamira, at 1,100 meters above sea level. e soils are stony in the first location and sandy loam in the second one, and both have high calcareous content. Dona Paula Estate Malbec displays the unique characteristics of the Uco Valley, a terroir where the climate is cold, with an average temperature variation of 16 °C in Los Indios and 12.5 °C in Alluvia, and an average annual rainfall of 280 mm in Altamira and 300 mm in Gualtallary. The vines yield an average of 8 tons per hectare, and they are grown in espaliers, using drip irrigation. The grapes are hand-picked the first week of April. In the winery, they are destemmed gently, without breaking the berries. en, a cold pre-fermentative maceration is carried out to preserve the primary aromas. Fermentation takes place at low temperatures, and a post-fermentation maceration is later performed for 15 to 20 days. The wine is aged in first, second and third-use French oak barrels for 12 months. Intense violet color. In the nose, aromas of black fruit, violets and spices, with some mineral and graphite notes, are perceived. Great balance and freshness in the mouth, with good concentration and structure. Soft tannins and persistent finish. Learn More

    Regular Price: BGN17.90

    Special Price BGN12.50

  2. Rose, CONTEMPLATIONS Malbec & Carmenere 2019, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    Rose, CONTEMPLATIONS Malbec & Carmenere 2019, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    The grapes are picked manually in cassettes and carefully selected. It is processed by technology, which involves tempering it in a refrigerator for 20h to a temperature of 10-12⁰C, sorting, ronching, crushing, draining and pressing. This is followed by clarification of the must and alcoholic fermentation at a temperature of 14-17⁰C The wine is characterized by a very light onion-pink color that attracts attention. Fine, complex aroma combining shades of grapefruit, green peach moss and a citrus aroma. Elegant and balanced taste, blending softness, airiness, freshness and strong aroma. It goes well with shrimp, mussels, citrus salads or fresh desserts. The appropriate consumption temperature is 14⁰-16⁰C Learn More
  3. Rose, MEZZEK Merlot/Malbec/Syrah 2019, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    Rose, MEZZEK Merlot/Malbec/Syrah 2019, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    Through the MEZZEK wines, technologists make a fresh read of the varieties, further emphasizing their individual characteristics. The great advantage of the winery is that the team works and has many and mostly different in quality and specific areas in our vineyards, which makes it possible to make a selected selection of the best grapes of the respective variety. The grapes are picked manually in cassettes and carefully selected. It is processed by technology, which involves tempering it in a refrigerator for 20h to a temperature of 10-12⁰C, sorting, ronching, crushing, draining and pressing. This is followed by clarification of the must and alcoholic fermentation at a temperature of 14-17⁰C The wine is characterized by a gentle salmon color with a slight pink tinge. Aroma of tropical and citrus fruits. The taste of the wine is balanced, elegant, with a fruity aroma, pleasant freshness and a memorable finish. It goes well with fresh salads, fruits, fresh cheeses, seafood and fruit desserts. The appropriate consumption temperature is 14⁰-16⁰C Learn More
  4. Rose, CALLISTO BIO Malbec 2019, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    Rose, CALLISTO BIO Malbec 2019, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    Since 2012, part of the vineyards of KATARZYNA ESTATE have been grown organically. The vineyard area is 850 acres and is located about 15 km from the cellar in the territory of Belitsa village. Special care is taken to maintain and increase soil fertility and to keep nature clean. Organic grape production excludes the use of artificial fertilizers, synthetic pesticides, growth regulators and antibiotics. Natural wine yeast is used, not the usual human-selected highly effective strains. Special care is taken to maintain and increase soil fertility - manure is used, green fertilizer, bio fertilizers and more are applied. to activate soil organisms. The grapes are picked manually in cassettes and carefully selected. It is processed by technology, which involves tempering it in a refrigerator for 20h to a temperature of 10-12⁰C, sorting, ronching, crushing, draining and pressing. This is followed by clarification of the must and alcoholic fermentation at a temperature of 14-17⁰C The wine is characterized by a fine light pink color with violet hues. Aroma of vanilla and red fruits. The taste of the wine is balanced, with a fruity aroma, moderate freshness and a memorable finish. It goes well with fresh salads, fruits, fresh cheeses, seafood and fruit desserts. The appropriate consumption temperature is 14⁰-16⁰C Learn More
  5. Red Wine, ENCORE Malbec 2017, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    Red Wine, ENCORE Malbec 2017, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    The uncharacteristic for Bulgaria grapes - Malbec, we grow in a specific part of our array. The place has a triangle shape that combines three varieties of cinnamon-forest soils. The grapes are picked manually in cassettes and carefully selected. Before processing, the grapes are refrigerated for about 20 hours. This is followed by sorting by sorting lines, ronching, re-sorting and crushing. Alcoholic fermentation is carried out in French oak barrels of 400l in 70% of the batch, and in the remaining 30% of the alcoholic fermentation is carried out in stainless steel fermenters of 10m³ and 15m³. The technological process includes infusion of grape mash at 7-10˚C, 7 to 10 days, fermentation at 27-29˚C from 7 to 9 days and subsequent maceration with solids up to 6 days at 26-28˚C . For lactic acid fermentation, the wine was transferred to French oak barrels of 225l each. 100% of the blend matures in oak barrels for 10 months. The wine is characterized by a brilliant ruby-red color. The wine combines aromas of juicy red fruits, tobacco leaves and noble wood. The taste impresses with balance, softness and juicy aroma. The finish is intense and long lasting. It goes well with savory dishes, blue cheeses or red meats. The appropriate consumption temperature is 18⁰-20⁰C Bottle aging potential - 15 years Learn More
  6. Red Wine, LE CARRE D'OR Malbec 2018, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    Red Wine, LE CARRE D'OR Malbec 2018, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    The grapes are picked manually in cassettes and carefully selected. Before processing, the grapes are refrigerated for about 20 hours. This is followed by sorting by sorting lines, ronching, re-sorting and crushing. In 30% of the batch the alcoholic fermentation is carried out in French oak barrels of 400l, and for the remaining 70% of the alcoholic fermentation is carried out in stainless steel fermenters of 10m3 and 15m3. The technological process includes infusion of grape mash at 7-10˚C, 7 to 10 days, fermentation at 27-29˚C from 7 to 9 days and subsequent maceration with solids up to 6 days at 26-28˚C . For lactic acid fermentation, the wine was transferred to French oak barrels of 225l each. 100% of the blend matures in French oak barrels for 8-10 months. The wine is characterized by intense red color with violet hues. The aroma combines hints of red and black fruits, with tobacco leaves and light vanilla. The juicy and harmonious aromatic flavor leads to a soft and warm finish. It goes well with rabbit, pasta and beef dishes. The appropriate consumption temperature is 18⁰-20⁰C Bottle aging potential - 10 years Learn More
  7. Red Wine, LA BELLA RED Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Syrah/Malbec 2016, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    Red Wine, LA BELLA RED Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Syrah/Malbec 2016, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    The grapes are picked manually in cassettes and carefully selected. Before processing, the grapes are refrigerated for about 20 hours. This is followed by sorting by sorting lines, ronching, re-sorting and crushing. In 30% of the batch the alcoholic fermentation is carried out in French oak barrels of 400l, and for the remaining 70% of the alcoholic fermentation is carried out in stainless steel fermenters of 10m3 and 15m3. The technological process includes infusion of grape mash at 7-10˚C, 7 to 10 days, fermentation at 27-29˚C from 7 to 9 days and subsequent maceration with solids up to 6 days at 26-28˚C . For lactic acid fermentation, the wine was transferred to French oak barrels of 225l each. 100% of the blend matures in French oak barrels for 8-10 months. The wine is characterized by a deep red color with violet hues. The wine has the aroma of red and black berries interwoven with notes of vanilla and chocolate. The taste aroma combines juicy fruit and elegant French oak. The body is soft and harmonious and goes into a long-lasting and memorable aftertaste. It goes well with roasted red meats, spicy dishes or dried meats. The appropriate consumption temperature is 18⁰-20⁰C Bottle aging potential - 10 years Learn More
  8. Red Wine, CONTEMPLATIONS Merlot & Malbec 2017, Katarzyna

    Red Wine, CONTEMPLATIONS Merlot & Malbec 2017, Katarzyna

    The grapes are picked manually in cassettes and carefully selected. Before processing, the grapes are refrigerated for about 20 hours. This is followed by sorting by sorting lines, ronching, re-sorting and crushing. In 30% of the batch the alcoholic fermentation is carried out in French oak barrels of 400l, and for the remaining 70% of the alcoholic fermentation is carried out in stainless steel fermenters of 10m3 and 15m3. The technological process includes infusion of grape mash at 7-10˚C, 7 to 10 days, fermentation at 27-29˚C from 7 to 9 days and subsequent maceration with solids up to 6 days at 26-28˚C . For lactic acid fermentation, the wine was transferred to French oak barrels of 225l each. 100% of the blend matures in French oak barrels for 8-10 months The wine is characterized by intense red color, with a violet hue. A harmonious and concentrated aroma that blends ripe red fruits, currants and vanilla. The rich taste of the wine, combined with elegance and balance, leads to a pronounced aroma and a long aftertaste. It goes well with white meats, lasagna or poultry, red or dried meats. The appropriate consumption temperature is 18⁰-20⁰C Bottle aging potential - 10 years Learn More
  9. Red Wine, Malbec - Syrah Estate 2015, Dona Paula, Argentina Sale

    Red Wine, Malbec - Syrah Estate 2015, Dona Paula, Argentina

    El Alto Vineyard is located in Ugarteche, in the southern part of Lujan de Cuyo, at 1,050 meters above sea level. The soils range from sandy loam to clay loam, with variable content of stone. The climate typically presents warm days and cool nights, with an average temperature variation of 14 °C and an average annual rainfall of 250 mm. The vines yield 12 tons per hectare, and they are grown in espaliers, using drip irrigation. The grapes are hand-picked the first week of April. In the winery, they are destemmed gently, without breaking the berries. en, a cold pre-fermentative maceration is carried out to preserve the primary aromas. Fermentation takes place at low temperatures, and a post-fermentation maceration is later performed for 15 to 20 days. The wine is aged in first, second and third-use French oak barrels for 12 months. Intense violet color. In the nose, notes of ripe plums, nuts, spices and white pepper stand out. In the mouth, this is a very harmonious and balanced wine, with round tannins and long finish. Learn More

    Regular Price: BGN17.90

    Special Price BGN12.50

  10. Red Wine, SEVEN GRAPES Varieties 2017, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    Red Wine, SEVEN GRAPES Varieties 2017, Katarzyna, Bulgaria

    The specificity of this wine is that the different grape varieties are selected from different parts of our array, respectively, there are a large number of varieties of cinnamon-forest soils and a relatively large range in the altitude of 120-160m. The grapes are picked manually in cassettes and carefully selected. Before processing, the grapes are refrigerated for about 20 hours. This is followed by sorting by sorting lines, ronching, re-sorting and crushing. In 40% of the batch the alcoholic fermentation is carried out in French oak barrels of 400l each, and for the remaining 60% of the alcoholic fermentation is carried out in stainless steel fermenters of 10m3 and 15m3 each. The technological process includes infusion of grape mash at 7-10˚C, 7 to 10 days, fermentation at 27-29˚C from 7 to 9 days and subsequent maceration with solids up to 6 days at 26-28˚C . For lactic acid fermentation, the wine was transferred to French oak barrels of 225l each. 100% of the blend matures in French oak barrels for 8-10 months. The wine is characterized by a fascinating purple color. A pronounced aroma of ripe red and black fruits, elegant wood and dried spices. The body is harmonious, rich in multi-layered aroma and a memorable aftertaste. It goes well with matured cheeses, pastas and delicacies. The appropriate consumption temperature is 18⁰-20⁰C Bottle aging potential - 10 years Learn More

10 Item(s)

Set Descending Direction
per page

Grid  List